Re: problems with \cueDuring and events

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: problems with \cueDuring and events
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 11:06:57 +0200

Am Fr., 5. Apr. 2019 um 14:27 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> Attached is an image of the regression suite file
> `quote-cue-event-types.ly'.  Note that the grace not slash is missing
> in the `curDuring' line.  I consider this a bug, and I tried to fix
> it.  However, I wasn't able to locate the proper event which is
> responsible for that.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> In a similar vein, I want to add tremolo stems and beams.  The former
> works fine, but the latter does not – it fails even if using
> `\quoteDuring', which is expected to contain all events (see attached
> MWE).  Does anybody have an idea what's going on?

Hi Werner,

acciaccatura contains
    \temporary \override Flag.stroke-style = #"grace"
reverting it at the end.

Per default override/revert is not quoted.
You may extend quotedCueEventTypes by `Override´ and `Revert´ to get
the slashed grace.
Though, now _all_ overrides will be quoted.

`Override´ and `Revert´ are not listed in the IR but in define-event-classes.scm
Not sure why `OverrideProperty´ and `RevertProperty´ is not sufficient.

Below an example, also including your patch form

\version "2.19.82"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
      quotedCueEventTypes = #'(
        ;;;; default
        note-event
        rest-event
        tie-event
        beam-event
        tuplet-span-event
        ;;;; added
        slur-event
        tremolo-event
        ;; see define-event-classes.scm
        Override
        Revert
        )
  }
  \context {
    \CueVoice
    \override StemTremolo.beam-thickness = #0.35
  }
}

quoteMe = \relative {
fis'8 r16-. a8.->
\displayMusic
\acciaccatura {
\once \override NoteHead.color = #red
c8
}
b4:8(-\ff~  b16 c8. b8)
}
\addQuote quoteMe \quoteMe

<<
  \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Quoted Voice" } {
    \quoteMe
  }
  \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "quoteDuring" } {
    \relative { c'8 \quoteDuring "quoteMe" { s8 s4 s2 } }
  }
  \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "cueDuring" } {
    \relative { c'8 \cueDuring "quoteMe" #UP { r8 r4 r2 } }
  }

Cheers,
  Harm