Re: gs version error in latest GUB build

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: gs version error in latest GUB build
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 09:05:52 +0200

Il giorno dom 31 mar 2019 alle 17:22, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On 3/31/19, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:
I couldn’t reproduce (but then again I’m not running Ubuntu). I also find it odd that only some scores are reported to fail while other’s
 aren’t.

OK, as I suspected *all* scores do indeed fail for this user.

Further information just in case: LilyPond 2.19.83 has been
decompressed to /usr/local, and there’s gs 9.26 installed in /usr/bin
(as a dependency for the distro-provided LilyPond 2.18, I’d guess).

So where "gs revision 9.21" comes from?

As far as I can see from my installations, gs distributed in lilypond.org recent installers is version 9.26.

Even if in the GUB spec I read 9.21:
https://github.com/gperciva/gub/blob/master/gub/specs/ghostscript.py#L22

On Fedora 29, both system's and lilypond's gs are 9.26:

$ gs --version
9.26

$ .local/lilypond/usr/bin/gs --version
9.26