Re: Lilypond patchy and other Lilypond problems

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Lilypond patchy and other Lilypond problems
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:55:55 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: Łukasz Czerwiński
To: James
Cc: address@hidden ; address@hidden ; David Kastrup ; address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:41 PM
Subject: Lilypond patchy and other Lilypond problems

Still requires 'someone' to 'do' something and then say 'LGTM' and I
don't know what the feed back has been with regard to the

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/grand-regression-test-checking.html

is this just not the same thing in essence?

Woow, what's that:Â http://www.philholmes.net/lilypond/regtests/Â for? Is it for rating regression tests or for rating that particular result of a particular test run?
Łukasz

OK. Regtest checking can mean three things. 1) Between releases, comparing the output of the regtests with what they looked like before and flagging any differences as potential problems. I do this. 2) Doing the same thing for patches. Patchy does this, helped by a human, currently James and was David. 3) Checking that the regtests themselves are OK - well described and functional. The grand regtest checking project does this, hosted on my server and using my web code. We're doing well. If you log in and check a few, you can see the statistics.

--
Phil Holmes