[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5834 Fix most

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5834 Fix most encoding problems with Guile 2.x
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 21:50:07 -0000

Diff:

Passes make, make check and a full make doc.

(note I am testing with only guile 1.8 installed - if that matters?)

[issues:#5834] Fix most encoding problems with Guile 2.x

Created: Sat Mar 07, 2020 06:46 PM UTC by Jonas Hahnfeld
Last Updated: Sat Mar 07, 2020 06:46 PM UTC
Owner: Jonas Hahnfeld

Fix most encoding problems with Guile 2.x

Individual commits:
1) Treat possibly incomplete UTF-8 as binary

replace_special_characters checks that the substring doesn't start
mid-UTF-8, but it does not guarantee that it ends in a complete glyph.
So just explicitly treat it as binary when creating the SCM.
While modifying the function, avoid comparison of zero-length substrings.

2) Use UTF-8 for all conversions to / from Scheme

LilyPond really expects all input to be encoded in UTF-8, and we should
not let GUILE 2.x mangle with it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/555420043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/