[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5799 Fixes fo

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5799 Fixes for cross-compilation to x86_64-w64-mingw32
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 16:23:39 -0000

fixes for GUB

http://codereview.appspot.com/579340043

[issues:#5799] Fixes for cross-compilation to x86_64-w64-mingw32

Created: Thu Feb 27, 2020 04:14 PM UTC by Jonas Hahnfeld
Last Updated: Mon Mar 02, 2020 04:23 PM UTC
Owner: Jonas Hahnfeld

Fixes for cross-compilation to x86_64-w64-mingw32

1) Include config.hh before cmath

Recently commit 7396a28bde ("Add enabling extension definitions for
-std=c++11 option") added a few #defines to config.hh to make POSIX
extensions available. Make sure that they are pulled in from config.hh
before cmath is included.

2) Improve cast from pointer to integer

When cross-compiling to x86_64-w64-mingw32, 'long' (32 bit) is smaller
than 'void *' (64 bit). This leads to compiler errors because the cast
truncates. After analysis I think that truncation is actually ok here,
so make this explicit by first casting to a suitable integer and then
truncate to long.
Note that 'suitable integer' is quite a mess: Ideally we would use
intptr_t, but it's optional per the C++ standard. So instead rely on
intmax_t and hope that it works.

3) Use host triple when looking for windres

--host=host-type
the type of system on which the package runs. [...]

The previously used $target variable is meant for compilers.

Please refer to section 14.1 Specifying target triplets in the Autoconf
documentation for more details.

4) Rename DATADIR to CONFIG_DATADIR

The header objidl.h from mingw has an enum called DATADIR. This
conflicts with our definition and results in compilation errors
because the preprocessor replaces the enum name with the configured
string. This is apparently dealt with in mingw-compatibility.hh,
but not in the configure checks. As a result, they return the wrong
answer which leads to further compilation errors down the road.

http://codereview.appspot.com/579340043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/