[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5776 Remove r

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5776 Remove redundant checks with C++11
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 12:29:39 -0000

3) Drop check for explicit template instantiation

The define was unused and as far as I can tell, the code is valid
C++ and should just always work.

One thing that I have mused about at times is the separation of files
flower/include/interval.tcc
lily/include/smobs.tcc
that makes sense for implementations with a template repository approach (something that was considered/implemented in early C++ implementations but has been outmoded long ago).

Maybe those should just get folded into their respective include files? If so, at the bottom, or dispersed logically?

Not necessarily as part of this patch. Just something that might make sense at some point of time.

[issues:#5776] Remove redundant checks with C++11

Created: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:40 AM UTC by Jonas Hahnfeld
Last Updated: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:40 AM UTC
Owner: Jonas Hahnfeld

Remove redundant checks with C++11

Individual changes:
1) Drop check for std::vector::data()

The corresponding code was already removed in 2015, commit d36ec1303b
("Issue 4577: Remove the nasty workaround for platforms that don't
provide std::vector::data().").

2) flower: Rely on [v]snprintf from libc

These are required in C++11 according to
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/io/c/fprintf
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/io/c/vfprintf

While editing config.hh.in, also get rid of unused HAVE_LRINT.

http://codereview.appspot.com/583550043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/