[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5770 Generate

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5770 Generate dependency files with Clang
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 05:45:25 -0000

I can't tell if Han-Wen's comment on Rietveld is just a very interesting 'Internals' lesson or that he is really saying that this patch 'needs work' :D So I am leaving on Review - Jonas if my intepretation is wrong, then move this to 'Countdown (for Feb 20th)

[issues:#5770] Generate dependency files with Clang

Created: Sun Feb 16, 2020 08:59 PM UTC by Jonas Hahnfeld
Last Updated: Mon Feb 17, 2020 08:59 AM UTC
Owner: Jonas Hahnfeld

Generate dependency files with Clang

Clang has no support for the DEPENDENCIES_OUTPUT variable. Instead
pass -MMD -MF -MT to achieve the same effect with both GCC and Clang.
This solution even comes with the advantage that passing -MP gives
"a phony target for each dependency" to "work around errors make
gives if you remove header files".

In the long term, we should definitely think about using something
like AutoMake for this purpose so that we don't have to maintain
these details of our build system...

Additionally delete rules for .lo files. As far as I can tell, they
are not used.

http://codereview.appspot.com/555300044

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/