[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5740 Add

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5740 Add \post to defer context actions to end of time step
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 20:10:11 -0000

A cadenza halts LilyPond's timing. If you have a cadenza filling a bar, it doesn't actually fill the bar but only the moment at its start. Once \cadenzaOff happens, you are still at the start of the bar logically. \bar "|" changes the visuals but does not advance the bar number or trigger a threshold for new accidentals. That is a nuisance. I was wondering whether \post was able to smuggle something in that would allow LilyPond to think that the current bar has just ended, even though due to \cadenzaOn having stopped the timing up to \cadenzoOff, it is still at its start.

[issues:#5740] Add \post to defer context actions to end of time step

Created: Wed Feb 05, 2020 08:11 PM UTC by Dan Eble
Last Updated: Thu Feb 06, 2020 08:10 PM UTC
Owner: Dan Eble

I've carved this off of some experimental work that allows expressing
in ly code the post-increment of a context property without
sensitivity to the number of times the music that requests it is
iterated. That is something that the rehearsal-mark engraver does,
and I believe it can only be done currently by an engraver/performer.

The implementation of \post is similar to the way \once reverts an
effect at the end of the time step. In fact, I first implemented it
the same way for the sake of simplicity; but after testing, I decided
to complicate it. \once reversions naturally occur in reverse order,
but it seems more natural for \post actions to run in the order given
in the ly code. It also seems more natural for all \once reversions
to precede all \post actions regardless of their order in the ly code.
Because of those differences, they are handled separately.

TODOs and questions:

https://codereview.appspot.com/581600043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/