[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5653 Cleanup

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5653 Cleanup unneeded parts of Stepmake
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 15:04:31 -0000

[issues:#5653] Cleanup unneeded parts of Stepmake

Created: Wed Jan 08, 2020 03:04 PM UTC by Jonas Hahnfeld
Last Updated: Wed Jan 08, 2020 03:04 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

Cleanup unneeded parts of Stepmake

Individual changes:
1. Remove line break from STEPMAKE_TEMPLATES

It's easier to analyze when all values are in a single line.

  1. Drop unused stepmake templates

A list of needed one can be obtained by the following:
$ git grep "STEPMAKE_TEMPLATES.=" | sed "s/.=\W(.)/\1/" | \
tr ' ' '\n' | sort -u | grep -v "\\$"

However we cannot simply delete all others because some are referenced
elsewhere, so it's a manual process of checking the candidates.

  1. Drop support for compiling C files

All source code is C++ by now, move the used rules to c++-*.make.

  1. Simplify python/GNUmakefile

OUT_SO_MODULES and OUT_PYC_MODULES don't exist anymore.

  1. Delete flower/VERSION

This is very old and I don't think this file is used. Also get rid
of FLOWER_VERSION and FULL_FLOWER_VERSION which aren't used either.

  1. Delete no-builtin-rules.make

The implicit rules are only used if no other rule can be found. We
define all needed rules ourselves, so they should not harm.

http://codereview.appspot.com/577280043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/