[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5543 Supp

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5543 Support single-moment horizontal brackets.
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 14:19:39 -0000

That's part of what is troubling me: with slurs we can have immediately adjacent slurs and need to use spanner-id (using \=) for overlaps. Your proposed solution does one form of overlaps by default and would require some \=-like mechanism for immediate adjacency. I am not sure if "immediate adjacency" is the correct description for brackets both including the same note, though. And some special mechanism might be needed for disentangling the brackets: I have to do a few experiments to get a good hang of the current situation with regard to code and user interface and see how this fits in.

If I can't find a definite way to move forward, part of the reason we have unstable releases is to test drive such changes and get further feedback. It just becomes harder to dial them back once people have gotten to rely on them.

[issues:#5543] Support single-moment horizontal brackets.

Created: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:44 AM UTC by Werner LEMBERG
Last Updated: Thu Aug 01, 2019 02:10 PM UTC
Owner: Werner LEMBERG

Support single-moment horizontal brackets.

This change also documents in detail the algorithm used to implement
horizontal brackets.

Also add documentation and extend regression test.

http://codereview.appspot.com/544870043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/