[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5501 Avoi

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5501 Avoid failed assertion in stem tremolo code
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 19:11:38 -0000

could the regtest diff only be due to a different rounded value?
That's unlikely. The change is invasive in that it not only triggers in cases that threw an assertion failure previously: it does not replace a lower bound but adds a point to an interval: that's only equivalent to the previous behavior if the replacement would not have shrunk the interval. I proposed it based on the handwaving guess that it would kick only in in sort-of pathological cases.

The problem now is that the regtest triggering shows that this change is not equivalent even in cases that are basic enough to be included in the regtests but did not previously trigger the problem: namely they shrink the interval but not to a degree of making it empty.

Since I was proposing this fix basically flying blindly, I don't know whether the change in behavior for cases that worked previously is likely a change to the better or worse. Extending the nature of the fix to other locations would similarly warrant making this decision.

So someone who has a clue what this code is actually likely to be doing (Keith?) should pitch in before we extend it to other areas. Likely even before we even commit in the current state.

[issues:#5501] Avoid failed assertion in stem tremolo code

Created: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:08 PM UTC by David Kastrup
Last Updated: Thu Mar 28, 2019 07:11 PM UTC
Owner: David Kastrup

Avoid failed assertion in stem tremolo code

Example code triggering the problem:

\relative { a32 8..:32 }

http://codereview.appspot.com/572550043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/