[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #687 Enhanceme

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #687 Enhancement: inequal MIDI quantization of equal durations (swing, rubato)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:47:49 -0000

Diff:

I’ve turned Johannes Rohrer’s excellent contribution into a patch for possible upstream distribution, with some documentation:
http://codereview.appspot.com/572520044
Peter’s original rubato idea is equally interesting, but much harder to define let alone implement. I suggest we keep it simple and consider this issue fixed with regard to swing patterns and automated inequal rhythms.
(Which still leaves [#3003] to grapple with -- but that’s a separate matter.)

[issues:#687] Enhancement: inequal MIDI quantization of equal durations (swing, rubato)

Created: Sat Sep 27, 2008 02:32 PM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Sun Mar 10, 2019 02:39 PM UTC
Owner: Valentin Villenave

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: v.villenave

% In jazz or baroque music, equal values (like eighth notes) may be
% written equallly but are not to be played equally (the "swing" thingy).

% Peter Chubb said:

I think it's a bit hard to do in Scheme (need to do look-ahead in the list
of chords).

What I'd like to see is a general rubato function, that:
  1. takes a parameter (maybe call it `swing') that lengthens on-beat
     phrases, and shortens off-beat phrases by the same amount (so convert
     a8 b to \times 2/3 { a4 b8 } or { a8 b16 c } to \times 2/3 {a4 b16 c}
     or similar)
  2. Within phrasing slurs does a slight accelerando into the phrase
     and a slight decelerando to a-tempo at the end

% See also the discussion on
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-09/msg00197.html

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/