[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5419 merge-di

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5419 merge-differently-headed and merge-differently-dotted merge incorrectly with NoteColumn.force-hshift overridden
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 10:47:55 -0000

What’s the expected or desired output here?

Should force-hshift move both voices? I don’t think so, it’s used for manual shifting of single voices.

Should the heads not be merged in this case? This would mean that the user relies on an automatism even if they change some things (force-hshift) manually. This seems contradictory to me. → no bug?

[issues:#5419] merge-differently-headed and merge-differently-dotted merge incorrectly with NoteColumn.force-hshift overridden

Created: Wed Sep 19, 2018 06:42 PM UTC by Simon Albrecht
Last Updated: Wed Sep 19, 2018 06:42 PM UTC
Owner: nobody
Attachments:

Reported by Peter Terpstra:

\version "2.18.2" % same in 2.19.82

<<
  \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn
  \mergeDifferentlyDottedOn
  {
    g'2 s
    g'8 % doesn’t happen with a quarter note, but with shorter values it does
  }
  \\
  {
    \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #1