[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 2277 di

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 2277 discussion
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 15:49:21 -0000

Diff:

[issues:#2277] GUB should bail unless a special env var is set

Labels: GUB
Created: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 AM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

GUB checks the host environment; if anything has changed, then it rebuilds all packages, taking 2 or 3 times as long to build the binaries.

The CG has a helpful little script which sets up a new bash shell with exactly the environment you want.  Unfortunately, sometimes I forget to run that script, so it starts rebuilding everything.  I generally notice halfway through, but then I'm concerned about leaving the cross-compile with some packages rebuilt and some not rebuilt, so I just delete everything and start from scratch.

It would be nice if the "make lilypond" target in GUB first checked if there was a GUB_OK_TO_BUILD environment variable (or something like that), and if there wasn't, it just exited with a message.

If we'd had this simple check, the 2.15.28 release would have been at least six hours earlier than it actually will be, as well as saving literally days of compiling time in the past.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/