[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5324 \abs

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5324 \abs-fontsize and set-global-staff-size in books
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 10:51:28 -0000

I've just uploaded a new patch containing a complete sentence instead of an unintended single-word phrase in the regtest (just a cosmetic documentation correction, nothing functional).
Nothing technical, the reason why I waited so long was due to David K's concerns about issue 677 ff. But, as it looks, font handling is really stable and we can proceed with this issue as intended. No further work needed.
I hope this doesn't hamper the countdown.

Thanks,
Torsten

[issues:#5324] \abs-fontsize and set-global-staff-size in books

Created: Sat May 19, 2018 06:22 PM UTC by Torsten Hämmerle
Last Updated: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 AM UTC
Owner: Torsten Hämmerle
Attachments:

Issue 5324: \abs-fontsize and set-global-staff-size in books

The font buffering hashtable will provide an outdated LilyPond
scale factor after changing global staff size between books. Mainly
\abs-fontsize concerned, because \fontsize will usually not match
a Pango font-size used in a differently scaled book and fresh fonts
will have to be loaded anyway.

The straight-forward solution is to simply apply #ly:restet-all-fonts
from within #set-global-staff-size.

http://codereview.appspot.com/341450043

When creating several \books of different staff-sizes set by #(set-global-staff-size ...), markup in absolute font sizes (\abs-fontsize) will mess up spacing (font-metrics) in the subsecquent books.

(reported by David Sumbler: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Maintaining-font-size-regardless-of-staff-size-td213007.html)

#(ly:set-option 'debug-skylines #t)

\header {
  title = \markup \concat {
        \abs-fontsize #21 "X let’s see how long X"
        \with-color #red \abs-fontsize #21 "XX"
      }
}

#(set-global-staff-size 18)
 \book { { b'1^\markup \abs-fontsize #14 "Test" } }

#(set-global-staff-size 26)
 \book { { b'1^\markup \abs-fontsize #14 "Test" } }

#(set-global-staff-size 10)
 \book { { b'1^\markup \abs-fontsize #14 "Test" } }

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/