[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 507 dis

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 507 discussion
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 05:50:04 -0000

flower/file-name.cc:57
  replace_all (&file_name, string ("//"), "/");

There's the likely culprit there. The slashify function first forces backslashes to forward slashes. While Windows does permit some use of forward slashes where backslashes are the standard, there is most definitely a difference between \\ and \, when it is at the beginning of a file path. And the problem is that slashify collapses double slashes to single ones, thereby changing the intention of the input path.

lilypond \\server\folder\file results in a file path of /server/folder/file, which then results in looking at C:\server\folder\file (if the current working directory is the C: drive). If the original path were preserved as \\server\folder\file (or possibly even mildly mutilated as //server/folder/file), then CreateFile should see the path as absolute, not relative, and attempt to read the from the specific network path.

So the logic for detecting an absolute path needs some updating for Windows. An explicit drive letter is one option but a leading \\ (or \\?\) should be recognized and preserved.

-- Aaron Hill

[issues:#507] Windows: Lilypond cannot manage UNC paths

Labels: Opsys_Windows
Created: Mon Nov 05, 2007 02:28 PM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Sat Aug 11, 2018 05:48 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

I am trying to double-click a .ly file that is in a network share. When I
do so, the following log file is created:

# -*-compilation-*-
warning: can't find file:
`\\server\fgasper\my_docs\Scores\editions\conditor3-alt_lyrics.ly'
error: failed files:
"\\\\server\\fgasper\\my_docs\\Scores\\editions\\conditor3-alt_lyrics.ly"

If I copy the file to my Windows desktop and double-click on it there,
everything works as normal.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/