[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: Ticket 507

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: Ticket 507 discussion
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 05:48:21 -0000

Hi James,

Thanks for taking the time to capture this data! This confirms LilyPond is not passing the expected path to CreateFile. Why it is not, I will do more research and see if I can track down the underlying cause.

For the time-being, though, we should just recommend folks manually map network paths to drive letters, since that seems to work fine.

-- Aaron Hill

[issues:#507] Windows: Lilypond cannot manage UNC paths

Labels: Opsys_Windows
Created: Mon Nov 05, 2007 02:28 PM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Sat Aug 11, 2018 05:47 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

I am trying to double-click a .ly file that is in a network share. When I
do so, the following log file is created:

# -*-compilation-*-
warning: can't find file:
`\\server\fgasper\my_docs\Scores\editions\conditor3-alt_lyrics.ly'
error: failed files:
"\\\\server\\fgasper\\my_docs\\Scores\\editions\\conditor3-alt_lyrics.ly"

If I copy the file to my Windows desktop and double-click on it there,
everything works as normal.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/