[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5389 part

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5389 partcombine warns about unterminated slur
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 17:23:16 -0000

There was another generalizing change I had in view, which I did not implement, but which I thought would assist in expanding the part combiner to processing more than two parts at once and allow them to migrate between staves. That change was to supply more information than a simple context ID in the property context-change-list that is read by Change_sequence_iterator.

This might also involve some parallel improvements to the \change command. I don't have a very clear vision here, but it seems that Change_sequence_iterator could probably be replaced by a sequence of \change commands at some point and there would be fewer things to maintain.

As it stands, the iterators for \autochange and \partcombine are derived from Change_sequence_iterator, and the derived iterators supply the type of context to find: Staff for \autochange, Voice for \partcombine.

If you wanted to use Devnull contexts that are children of Score and still let the part combiner find the correct engraving Voice contexts again, giving the Change_sequence_iterator the information to navigate there is part of one possible solution. Another significant part of that solution is for the scheme portion of the part combiner to place that information in the context-change-list.

[issues:#5389] partcombine warns about unterminated slur

Labels: partcombine
Created: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:58 PM UTC by pkx166h
Last Updated: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:55 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Good morning,

I've been reading up on partcombine recently and I wanted to try out a few examples from the documentation to help me really understand the command, however I get this error with one example:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#automatic-part-combining

Error:

warning: unterminated slur r2 g'4( f8 e) |

I have not modified the code at all, just copy and paste.

I thought it was due to some voice-issue but I can't figure out how to fix. Thanks for any help.

Code:

musicUp = \relative c'' {
  \time 4/4
  a4 c4.( g8) a4 |
  g4 e' g,( a8 b) |
  c b a2.
} % begin verbatim

musicDown = \relative c'' {
  g4 e4.( d8) c4 |
  r2 g'4( f8 e) |
  d2 \stemDown a
}

\score {
    <<
    \new Staff \with { instrumentName = #"Standard polyphony" }

      << \musicUp \\ \musicDown >>

    \new Staff \with {
      instrumentName = #"PartCombine without text"
      printPartCombineTexts = ##f
    }

    \partcombine \musicUp \musicDown

    \new Staff \with { instrumentName = #"PartCombine with text" }
      \partcombine \musicUp \musicDown

 \layout {
    indent = 6.0\cm
    \context {
      \Score
      \override SystemStartBar.collapse-height = #30
    }
  }
}

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/