[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5244 Support

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5244 Support Swaralipi Musical Notation
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 08:48:49 -0000

Well, LilyPond has quite different output representation modes (like Midi, but also typeset versions like tab/normal scores/notenames ...) and there are also first approaches for the Chinese system the name of which I keep forgetting. I don't think the request is "Invalid" but rather "Wontfix" since no resources for addressing it, most particularly interested programmers, are in sight for something with this scope compared to its perceived importance.

We don't really have a "Wontfix" category as opposed to "Accepted" and "Invalid". That seems unfortunate since the request is definitely not invalid but it makes no sense for people on an issue fixing hunt to look here. Totally out of scope.

So I am leaving it for now but it should not mean that it wouldn't make for a useful part of LilyPond, even just in the context of providing more general infrastructure for this kind of thing.

[issues:#5244] Support Swaralipi Musical Notation

Created: Sun Dec 10, 2017 08:31 PM UTC by Étienne Beaulé
Last Updated: Mon Dec 11, 2017 01:38 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

On the MediaWiki bug tracker, we have got a request for Swaralipi notation (Bengali) to be supported by Lilypond. The format is very different however to what is currently supported as notation.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/