[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4998 Doc: CG

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4998 Doc: CG - update information for compiling LP with regard to new URW++ fonts
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 12:59:21 -0000

These fonts are already available in Debian package fonts-urw-base35, currently on testing repository. I don't know if it will be backported to stretch (current stable).
Debian has also packaged extractpdfmark (we get a warning if it's missing).

Since Fedora 27 there's the urw-base35-fonts package, which does not include OpenType font files at the moment but it seems it will in the near future, see these comments. Let's wait and see if they will be included in the release of Fedora 27 (currently in beta).

extractpdfmark is not packaged in Fedora, but can be easily compiled. I would not add any instruction in the CG, which is already heavy and hard to maintain. In case you are interested, the commands are here.

[issues:#4998] Doc: CG - update information for compiling LP with regard to new URW++ fonts

Created: Wed Nov 16, 2016 03:44 PM UTC by pkx166h
Last Updated: Wed Dec 14, 2016 05:11 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

This came out of issue 4991.

We need to update the CG to include information about the URW++ fonts that are now possible to use when compiling LP snippets and where configure will post a warning for those users that do not have these fonts installed.

Currently the fonts we need are a tiny subset of a much larger font family(families?) so instructions to install just these few fonts as described in https://codereview.appspot.com/315850043/ is, at the moment, not so simple.

There is a discussion about either documenting how to 'wget' the specific commits from the URW++ git repo or perhaps tar the files up so developers can download them from the LP website. That is still TBD.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/