[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #1388 Support

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #1388 Support OpenType font features
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 06:42:38 +0000

Jay, do you need someone else to push this for you (I can not recall who does and who does not have commit access) or is this waiting on something else?

Patch counted down - please push.

[issues:#1388] Support OpenType font features

Created: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:34 PM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Tue May 30, 2017 06:59 PM UTC
Owner: horndude77

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

Currently, LilyPond doesn't support OpenType font features.  For example, many fonts already contain glyphs for small caps letters, but lilypond can't access such glyphs directly since OpenType fonts don't need to have named glyphs, and you need to activate an OpenType feature (`smcp' in this particular case) so that input character codes get properly mapped to caps glyphs.

I suggest that we implement an interface similar to the `fontspec' package for XeTeX and luatex:

  http://www.ctan.org/get/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.pdf

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/