[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5032 Usin

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5032 Using \chords rather than \chordmode etc renders \with ineffective.
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 14:39:31 +0000

David Kastrup wrote Sunday, January 15, 2017 12:07 PM

This is interesting in as much as my original analysis would have predicted case (1) having identical outcome.

Exactly; "interesting" was my description too. That was the original misconception (yours, mine and the OP) that needs to be clarified in the documentation.

However, \displayLilyMusic tells me that \chords is actually equivalent to \new ChordNames ... rather than \context ChordNames ... like I stated.

As a result, it will not hook into a preexisting ChordNames context.

That's what my poorly worded issue description was trying to say. Please keep an eye on the doc changes I propose (in a day or two) to make sure they are accurate.

Trevor

[issues:#5032] Using \chords rather than \chordmode etc renders \with ineffective.

Created: Sat Jan 14, 2017 09:16 PM UTC by Trevor Daniels
Last Updated: Sun Jan 15, 2017 06:44 AM UTC
Owner: Trevor Daniels

If the \chords command is used to set the input mode (rather than the more usual \chordmode command - see NR 5.4.1) context amendments within a \with command are ineffective. This is because the context has already been created implicitly by the \chords command - before the \with command is processed. The same applies to other short-hands for creating contexts such as \drums, \figures, etc. This should be documented.

(Thanks to Thomas Morley (Harm) for the explanation.)

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/