[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5011 With `ti

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5011 With `title = ""` SVG output differs from PDF output
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 00:33:33 +0000

Looks like ly:text-interface::interpret-markup behaves different for pdf and svg.
See this test-code:

#(define-markup-command (tst layout props)()
  (let ((result
          (ly:text-interface::interpret-markup layout props "")
          ;point-stencil
       ))

    (write-me "stencil? " result)
    (write-me "X-ext " (ly:stencil-extent result X))
    (write-me "Y-ext " (ly:stencil-extent result Y))
    (write-me "empty-stencil? " (ly:stencil-empty? result))

    result))

\markup \tst

Calling a pdf displays:

stencil? #<Stencil>
X-ext (+inf.0 . -inf.0)
Y-ext (+inf.0 . -inf.0)
empty-stencil? #t

For svg:

stencil? #<Stencil>
X-ext (0.0 . 0.0)
Y-ext (0.0 . 0.0)
empty-stencil? #f

A proper fix would likely go for improving ly:text-interface::interpret-markup.

The reported use-case may be possible to fix with a check for string-null? in fromproperty-markup. If true return an empty stencil.
Though, one would need to check whether other markup-commands return differently for pdf and svg as well.

[issues:#5011] With title = &#34;&#34; SVG output differs from PDF output

Created: Wed Dec 14, 2016 05:13 PM UTC by Simon Albrecht
Last Updated: Wed Dec 14, 2016 05:13 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

Reported by Paul Morris.

\version "2.19.52"

\header {
  % in pdf output, title = "" is the same as title = ##f or no title (no space is added)
  % in svg output they are not the same, "" inserts space but ##f and no title do not
  % seems like the svg behavior should be the same as the pdf behavior

  title = ""
  % title = ##f
}

\paper {
  top-margin = 0 \cm
  top-system-spacing.basic-distance = 0
  top-system-spacing.minimum-distance = 0
  top-system-spacing.padding = 0
}

% staff should be aligned to the top of the page/image

{ \clef bass c1 }

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/