[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4937 [GSo

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4937 [GSoC] Implement cross-voice dynamic spanners
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:18:52 +0000

Nathan, I am sorry for the late feedback (I tend to procrastinate far too much). Sometimes one just needs to see the results from one approach to figure out how it could/should/might be done better and just how the impact of a particular design is.

Now the change to \= is mostly independent of the bulk of the code, particularly the change of spanner-id from string to key?. Following through with that will, in the long haul, require convert-ly rules, changed documentation, change logs and so on. I assume/hope that your work on this aspect is mostly contained in separate commits (if you need support with using Git for factoring work well, just holler), so separating those changes out should be reasonably easy.

I don't think that it makes sense for you to get distracted on getting that piece of history straightened out (this cleanup work is not really a seminal part of your project and having reviews and cosmetic changes go back and forth on that would take valuable time and energy from your project), so I'll offer to iron that out in a separate issue. If you can push your current work to a branch (do you have push privileges?) or send them to me formatted via git-email, I can make sure that your work will rebase cleanly or at least easily on the separately committed changes in order to keep the hassle to you to a minimum. If necessary, I can do any rebase/merge necessary on your work branch for you so that you don't get disrupted with it.

[issues:#4937] [GSoC] Implement cross-voice dynamic spanners

Created: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:56 AM UTC by Nathan Chou
Last Updated: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:42 AM UTC
Owner: Nathan Chou

[GSoC] Implement cross-voice dynamic spanners

\= was changed to allow setting spanner-share-context property on
events. spanner-id was consequently changed to a key.

Spanner_engraver class modifies a new context property sharedSpanners.
Spanner information, including the Spanner object and the current
voice the spanner belongs to, is stored in this property. If a context
above Voice is used, other voices may see the spanner and modify it.

Dynamic_engraver and Dynamic_align_engraver were changed to support
cross-voice spanners using the above mechanics. I rewrote portions of
Dynamic_align_engraver to do this more easily.

Examples:
<< { c\=Score.hello\< d e f } \ { e f g\=Score.hello! a } >>
\new Staff { << { c d e\=Staff.hello\< f } >> << { g> f!\=Staff.hello! e d } >> }
\new Staff { c d e\=1\< f\=2\< g f\=1! e\=2! d }

http://codereview.appspot.com/304160043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/