[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4048 Is Dynam

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4048 Is Dynamic_performer’s understanding of (de)crescendo too limited?
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 01:17:48 +0000

I've gone a bit further and handled sequences of (de)crescendi, to an extent. I plan to test my work before posting a review, but here is the algorithm in case anyone would like to raise objections in the meantime.

The performer works on passages containing of the longest string of consecutive crescendi followed by a consecutive decrescendi (or vice versa) which are not interrupted by an absolute dynamic. For example, this passage has two crescendi and a decrescendo, as well as some spans of unchanging volume.

c\< c\! c c c\< c\! c c c\> c c c c c c c\! ...

The performer works it out so that at the end of the decrescendo, the volume has returned to the original volume before the first crescendo in the passasge began. The maximum (or minimum) volume is chosen as it was before. The change in volume of a particular (de)crescendo is proportional to its duration.

When an absolute dynamic appears, the performer terminates the group and uses the specified dynamic instead of the starting dynamic.

[issues:#4048] Is Dynamic_performer’s understanding of (de)crescendo too limited?

Created: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:45 AM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Sun Jun 05, 2016 01:27 PM UTC
Owner: Dan Eble

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

On 02/08/14 18:36, Knute Snortum wrote:> Something that is seen a lot in 19th and 20th century music is a crescendo

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/