[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #3716 website:

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #3716 website: point strongly to Frescobaldi/Denemo (for new users)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:55:45 +0000

[issues:#3716] website: point strongly to Frescobaldi/Denemo (for new users)

Labels: website
Created: Sun Dec 08, 2013 02:58 PM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:16 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg00272.html

Modify the LilyPond website and Learning Manual to point
strongly to Frescobaldi and maybe Denemo as the recommended
starting points for new users, rather than downloading just LP.
These then become the primary LP entry points for new users.

Also the Usage manual, chapter 1 "Normal usage", should be updated. I would replace "Normal usage" title with some more specific, e.g. "Editors", "IDE Editors".

Denemo already bundles lilypond in the windows and mac binaries. Denemo developer is not sure about linux, but I _believe_ it is bundled in linux as well, because in debian sid lilypond is recommended, not a dependency:

$ apt-cache depends denemo | grep lilypond
  Recommends: lilypond

Frescobaldi team is thinking about adding a prompt to install lilypond:
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/313

I  think that, when this is implemented in Frescobaldi, someone can tackle this issue.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/