[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4882 Repl

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4882 Replace `-dgs-load-fonts' to `--bigpdfs' in lilypond-book
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 13:32:18 +0000

I'm ambiguous about this. In my opinion, if LilyPond is running PostScript as part of its PDF production process, things like gs-load-fonts and epsfile inclusion at runtime are perfectly valid means to increase efficient and reduce the size of intermediate PostScript files.

Where PostScript is the final format, fonts as well as epsfile and similar should be embedded in the file.

Also, we do have the problem that any use of \epsfile and other embedded user-specified PostScript content means that Ghostscript should only be run with -dSAFER. In other words: there is no actual use case for letting \epsfile work by reading an external file: we should really always embed the file directly into the PostScript output and only run the result with the equivalent of -dSAFER which rules out use of gs-load-fonts (unless we load all fonts before dropping file access privileges).

[issues:#4882] Replace -dgs-load-fonts' to--bigpdfs' in lilypond-book

Created: Sun Jun 05, 2016 02:31 PM UTC by Masamichi Hosoda
Last Updated: Tue Jun 07, 2016 01:08 PM UTC
Owner: Masamichi Hosoda

Replace -dgs-load-fonts' to--bigpdfs' in lilypond-book

Some fonts cannot use with -dgs-load-fonts' option (also-dgs-load-lily-fonts' option).

--bigpdfs' option is more suitable than-dgs-load-fonts'
because the common font that is used by multiple snippets
in the document becomes integrated into one.

http://codereview.appspot.com/300280043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/