[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4813 replace

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4813 replace urchin.js with analytics.js and fix redundant hostnames
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:51:17 +0000

I'm used to nginx, which has a simpler syntax. I need that somebody review and check the change to the htaccess file.

There are many ways to redirect from www to non-www in Apache. Maybe the best one is what it's described at the end of this section, which is actually an example of the opposite redirection, so it should be adapted.

I would rewrite it like this. What do you think?

RewriteCond "%{HTTP_HOST}" "^www\." [NC]
RewriteRule "^/?(.*)"      "http://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1" [L,R=301,NE]

This should be tested manually on the server before pushing.

[issues:#4813] replace urchin.js with analytics.js and fix redundant hostnames

Labels: SEO
Created: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:01 PM UTC by Federico Bruni
Last Updated: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:01 PM UTC
Owner: Federico Bruni

Report:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2016-03/msg00158.html

This is part of the work on issue [#3715].

I've started looking at Analytics, which gives two warnings:

$ git grep urchin.js
scripts/build/website_post.py:<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js";

More information on:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/

Currently it's possible to visit either lilypond.org and www.lilypond.org.
We should make a choice and set up a 301 redirect in Apache htaccess.
I'm for lilypond.org (without www). This was recently discussed when talking about the tagline:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2016-02/msg00148.html

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/