[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 3756 di

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 3756 discussion
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 07:28:49 +0000

As noted by Carl, there's a workaround:

"I have to touch one of
the manual files to get anything to happen, and then it only rebuilds that
manual."

This is a (small) issue also when working on the CSS files. I just copy the files from source to the directory to see the results, but it would be nice if this was handled by the build system. It should see that the CSS file has changed and copy it over to the proper target location, without rebuilding everything. This is how all the static website/doc generators I know of work.

This was David K's comment about CSS:

"I think the point was that the content of the css file is not relevant for creating any of the other files: the css is ultimately combined with
the other files in the browser. So it seems nonsensical to declare it
as a dependency for anything but those targets that copy the css file
into a target directory."

[issues:#3756] changes in lilypond-texi2html.init should trigger the rebuild of all manuals

Created: Thu Dec 26, 2013 01:51 AM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Thu Dec 26, 2013 01:51 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

Report:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2013-12/msg00057.html

When trying to work the Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init file, I have
observed that changing this file does not trigger the documentation to
rebuild when running make.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/