[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4693 Note hea

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4693 Note heads don’t fit exactly between staff lines
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 22:37:39 +0000

I don't believe that there is any necessity to display at various staff sizes. The default staff size has an odd number of points in the staffspace * staffline interval, so when the notehead height is divided in half, there is an extra .5 hanging around that rounds to 1. We can never be worse than that. If we have an extra 0.8 hanging around and round to 1, there is less growth. if there is an extra .4 hanging around and rounds to 0, we have a little bit of shrinkage, which is undetectable absent a comparision with a staff line.

Since the current condition is the worst possible case, I think it is fine.

[issues:#4693] Note heads don’t fit exactly between staff lines

Created: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:02 PM UTC by Simon Albrecht
Last Updated: Sun Mar 13, 2016 09:38 PM UTC
Owner: Carl Sorensen

As Gilberto reported here, note heads in a default staff space extend the slightest bit above the upper staff line.

Image example here.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/