[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 2643 di

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 2643 discussion
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 09:26:03 +0000

author Valentin Villenave address@hidden
Mon, 7 Mar 2016 09:06:52 +0000 (10:06 +0100)
committer Valentin Villenave address@hidden
Mon, 7 Mar 2016 09:19:14 +0000 (10:19 +0100)
commit 0fa6f042cccacb643d46781dde23617c71a9753e

[issues:#2643] Attach lilypond source in pdf

Labels: Fixed_2_19_38
Created: Sun Jul 08, 2012 03:17 PM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Mon Mar 07, 2016 09:21 AM UTC
Owner: Valentin Villenave

Originally created by: address@hidden
Originally owned by: v.villenave

Reported by Samuel Da Mota on Lilypond user here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-07/msg00105.html

Hi,

I'm a pretty much new user of lilypond and I have an idea for a almost
dummy new feature: automatically attach lilypond code in pdf.
With pdf files it is possible to attach a file into it. I think it
would be nice to have a lilypond option that attaches the .ly files
into the pdf.
This way when someone creates a partition and upload it to a website,
the code will be uploaded too, thus making it much more easier for any
user to possibly modify it.
Moreover it will help spreading the use of lilypond.

In linux it is easy to do it using pdftk (the command is "pdftk
input_file.pdf attach_files source_file.ly output output_file.pdf").
It may be interesting to automatically call this command just after
the pdf generation. Pdftk seems to be also available under windows and
mac os.

Moreover, if this feature is accepted, it may be interesting to modify
the default tagline which says "engraved by lilypond version x.y.z" to
"engraved by lilypond version x.y.z with source file attached" to
increase its visibility.

Of course, for musicians who doesn't want to share their lilypond
code, this feature should be kept as an option (maybe turned on by
default).

Best Regards,
--
Samuel DA MOTA