[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4738 Clean up

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4738 Clean up Beaming_pattern::beamify
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:34:50 +0000

[issues:#4738] Clean up Beaming_pattern::beamify

Created: Mon Jan 11, 2016 09:34 AM UTC by Urs Liska
Last Updated: Mon Jan 11, 2016 09:34 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Clean up Beaming_pattern::beamify

This patch is not intended for merging yet.
But when I started investigating a proper solution to the
beam subdivision issues (and tried to understand the code
in beaming-pattern.cc) I realized that there is quite some
unnecessary code.

The code in this patch should not change any behaviour
as compared to the released version 2.19.35, and I did not
notice any changes in output, neither in my personal test
files nor in the regression tests.

Please compare files and maybe also invented situations whehter
this patch introduces any change in output compared to 2.19.35.

rename non_flag_dir to flag_dir in beamify

This is semantically more straightforward, and if there had
been any reason to use non_flag_dir it can't be seen anymore.

Don't create flag_directions vector in beamify

After the previous commit we don't need to refer to the "previous"
and "next" stem's flag_direction anymore. Therefore we don't need
that vector at all and can directly use the single call inside
the main loop.

Don't "set flag directions for beam subdivision"

These conditionals never evaluate to true, so they can be removed
entirely. The flag directions have already been prepared through
the looped calls of flag_direction immediately before.

Remove obsolete 'for' loop in Beaming_pattern::beamify

The for loop supposedly handled left and right beamlets of the stems,
but actually it didn't do anything except running identical code
twice.

http://codereview.appspot.com/281330043

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/