Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4567 in lilypond: Multi-measure rests don't pl

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4567 in lilypond: Multi-measure rests don't play nicely with \partial
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:22:58 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 4567 by address@hidden: Multi-measure rests don't play nicely with \partial

I should’ve explained myself better.
(a) Unfortunately, the non-minimal example above (the \bar command, in particular) hides part of the problem: with \partial 4*0, Lily will fail to draw a default barline, so this does not work fine at all. I may refer to David’s comment #2, which is slightly arcane, but I trust David unlike me knows the mechanisms well enough. (b) I may conclude from your comment that more explanation is needed in the NR paragraph: ‘When \partial is used after the beginning of a score, duration is the remaining length of the current measure. This cannot be used with zero duration (@code{\partial 4*0}), but must be set at some time earlier in the measure.’

In order to avoid an edit war on Label and Summary, I’ll await your approval or further discussion.