[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4489 in lilypond: inconspicuous ties

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4489 in lilypond: inconspicuous ties
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 11:40:02 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Ugly

New issue 4489 by address@hidden: inconspicuous ties

Dan Eble wrote :

 %% This tie is nearly invisible before the line break.
\score {{ r2 f'8 f' f' f'~ \break | f'2 r }}

Federico Bruni :
I believe that this is issue 14?

Dan :
Not exactly. My complaint is not that the tie is too short, but that it is too close to a staff line. The examples in that ticket focus on intra-chord ties, but my example focuses on a line break.

I found an even simpler example:

\version "2.19.22"
{ f' \laissezVibrer }

Gould p. 73 has an l.v. tie on a note in the same staff position. I think it is clearer than the LilyPond output because the tips to not touch the staff line.