[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4487 in lilypond: Implement partial function calls

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4487 in lilypond: Implement partial function calls.
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 20:37:06 +0000

Owner: address@hidden
Labels: Type-Enhancement Patch-new

New issue 4487 by address@hidden: Implement partial function calls.

Implement partial function calls.

Contains two commits, see particularly the regtest as an example.

I'm not convinced this idea is as good as I thought when coming up
with it: it may be that this particular use case is not frequent
enough to warrant the complexity.

It seems nice for defining aliases like

tagv = \tag '(violinI violinII) \incomplete

or

important = \tweak color #red \tweak font-size 3 \incomplete

but I'm not sure that this warrants the effort.

Discuss.

Allow for chaining of several partial functions in a row

Chaining only works when all function calls except the last one have all
arguments supplied already, with their last argument being the rest of
the chained call.

Implement partial function calls

A partial function call acts as a function where the start of the
argument list has already been supplied.  For example:

makeRed = \tweak color #red \incomplete

Then one can use this as

{ c' \makeRed d' e'-\makeRed -. }

http://codereview.appspot.com/249670043