Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4448 in lilypond: Text overhanging left edge c

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4448 in lilypond: Text overhanging left edge causes crash
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 03:09:29 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -regression -fixed_2_19_22

Comment #9 on issue 4448 by address@hidden: Text overhanging left edge causes crash

Well, the first-line spacing has been wrong since version 2.18 at least, the amount by which it is wrong has changed between versions, such as between 2.19.18 and 2.19.19 where the only possible cause for change was in some neighboring non-floating-point code for issue 4342. So now that the failing assert() is removed, there is no regression that I know of.

The spacing 'springs' have discontinuous behavior when the 'ideal' length meets the minimum length, and different places in the code treat the discontinuity differently.

Here, the unstretchable space after the Clef seems to get a tiny (positive or negative) stretchability from round-off error on the mingw build. I don't see a way to address this problem other than a general cleanup of floating point in horizontal spacing (which would also be a good time to clean up issue 4006)