Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3229 in lilypond: Use \relative without explic

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3229 in lilypond: Use \relative without explicit starting pitch in the docs
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 07:38:40 +0000

Comment #45 on issue 3229 by address@hidden: Use \relative without explicit starting pitch in the docs

The end result of this issue is dissatisfactory. A huge number of snippets has not been converted since that would have entailed moving all of them to Documentation/snippets/new, blocking further imports from the snippets database. The main reason for that is that the conversion rule has been reverted after applying it, so it cannot get applied to further reimports which would overwrite the converted issues.

However, leaving the conversion rule in place would also affect user-written scores invasively, when converting across the specific affected range. So we have the situation that we want to really have a rule that is _not_ applied by default to user scores, but more likely than not _is_ applied to our snippets when importing.

In addition, it would be nice to offer users the option to apply the rule to scores of their own if they opt to do so. In short, we need optional conversion rules. And it might be a nice idea to also make it possible to invoke them by _name_ rather than when crossing a particular version number, so that one can apply option conversion rules individually even in case one has already converted to a later number.

At the current point of time, we have no place for such optional rules and that means they are totally unavailable except as commits in the repository.