[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4392 in lilypond: Doc: Add warning about ...

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4392 in lilypond: Doc: Add warning about ...
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 19:09:21 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 4392 by address@hidden: Doc: Add warning about ...

pls wrote
This line doesn’t show when I use Ghostscript 9.14 to interpret the
following file (I obviously had to change some values because PostScript
normally uses units of "points" for placing graphics on the page (in LP
the unit seems to be millimeters) and because the zero coordinates in
PostScript are in the bottom left corner of the page):

%!PS

/doACircle
   { 0 0 54 0 360 arc stroke } def

%  doACircle

   300 425 translate doACircle

showpage

So I would think this is a bug.

hth
patrick

postscript-circle.pdf (17K)
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/attachment/175881/0/postscript-circle.pdf>

But, if there is any other graphic command (with a moveto) before your
doACircle, you will find this line in Ghostscript, too:
%!PS

 200 500 moveto
 /Helvetica findfont 10 scalefont setfont
 (doACircle examples) show

/doACircle
  { 0 0 54 0 360 arc stroke } def

  300 425 translate doACircle

  150 0 translate 0 0 moveto doACircle

showpage

So, I think, it would be an enhancement request to invalidate the 'current
point' whenever
a \postscript markup starts - but I do not have the postscript command in
mind which
will do this.

Instead you may try this postscript procedure definition:
/drawACircle % x_origin y_origin radius
  { 3 copy pop moveto
    dup 0 rmoveto
    0 360 arc stroke