Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2361 in lilypond: Beams with multiple subdivis

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2361 in lilypond: Beams with multiple subdivisions
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 21:16:45 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 2361 by address@hidden: Beams with multiple subdivisions

Our current code only supports subdivision at baseMoment and its multipliers.

Certainly this could be changed.

The most straightforward way I can see for accomplishing multiple levels of subdivision is to change beatStructure from a flat list to a nested list.

So currently, we might have for 3/4 time a baseMoment of 1/4, with a beatStructure of (1 1 1)

To subdivide at 1/8, we would set a baseMoment of 1/8, with a beatStructure of (2 2 2)

To subdivide at 1/16, we would set a baseMoment of 1/16, with a beatStructure of (4 4 4)

To subdivide at *both* 1/16 and 1/8, we might set a baseMoment of 1/16, with a beat structure of ((2 2) (2 2) (2 2))