Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4360 in lilypond: Patch: Reorganize smob initi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4360 in lilypond: Patch: Reorganize smob initialization to make it more reliable
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 08:59:04 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-review Fixed_2_19_20

Comment #6 on issue 4360 by address@hidden: Patch: Reorganize smob initialization to make it more reliable

So now we _also_ have issue 4365 touching the same core classes even if on unrelated matters.

In order to avoid an accumulation of reviews from independent issues based on code that needs non-trivial rebasing before actual submission, I am putting this one in now after all: I don't particularly like the ADD_SMOB_INIT angle of it but it matches other non-template usage and should be more fail-safe than the other methods turned out to be after I looked closely in the debugger.

Pushed to staging as
commit 90d3233da87b372e02690978f89b2add3863fba6
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Thu Apr 30 20:48:09 2015 +0200

    Issue 4360: Reorganize smob initialization to make it more reliable

    This change is a nuisance in that it requires an explicit call to
    ADD_SMOB_INIT for each Scheme-related class.

    However, this setup guarantees that at the point Scheme execution
    commences, all predicates of the likes of "ly:grob?" will be present.
    It also guarantees that if a particular type should seem required during
    _other_ initializations that happen to depend on the type and get
    executed earlier, it will be provided early.