Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2313 in lilypond: BarNumber and SystemStartBra

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2313 in lilypond: BarNumber and SystemStartBracket collisions are not handled
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 16:32:57 +0000

Updates:

Comment #2 on issue 2313 by tdanielsmusic: BarNumber and SystemStartBracket collisions are not handled

#1 is essentially correct. The positioning of the default bar number is indeed "good-looking and correct". The collision with the SystemStartBracket occurs only when \override BarNumber.self-alignment-X = 0 is specified, but now the collision occurs with both bass and treble clefs, as Simon says. I think the dependence on clefs changed when the sky-lining code was improved to use the actual outline of grobs rather than bounding boxes sometime during the 2.17 development phase. So the bug is now actually rather more prevalent than before, although I agree it is hardly severe.

I'm changing the summary as suggested by Simon.

Trevor