Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4316 in lilypond: DynamicLineSpanner.outside-s

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4316 in lilypond: DynamicLineSpanner.outside-staff-priority = ##f fails since 2.19.14
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:23:45 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 4316 by address@hidden: DynamicLineSpanner.outside-staff-priority = ##f fails since 2.19.14

Obviously, the current situation is not well-documented. At any rate, previous to my patch every unspecific tweak went to both DynamicLineSpanner as well as DynamicText. Which muddies the relation between DynamicLineSpanner and DynamicText and makes it hard to convert overrides into tweaks and back.

Now if we had tweaks with a reasonably well-expected meaning before, it may make sense to make them work again by letting them reference the value in DynamicText rather than, as it probably is now, in DynamicLineSpanner. Or add both values or something like that.

The change was done because \parenthesize essentially also is a tweak, and tweaking the DynamicLineSpanner in that manner when writing \parenthesize\< was not making LilyPond happy.