Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4317 in lilypond: Patch: Add support for unico

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4317 in lilypond: Patch: Add support for unicode filenames on Windows
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:57:03 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 4317 by address@hidden: Patch: Add support for unicode filenames on Windows

Thank you for your reviewing my patch.

Exactly.
It is not a recent problem, and the workaround is obvious.

I'd like to wait while watching GUILEv2 migration.

Now, I read current GUILE's Git HEAD sources.
For the moment, it doesn't support the unicode filenames on Windows.

E.g. Scheme Procedure ``open-file'' uses open() system call.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/tree/libguile/fports.c#n403
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/tree/libguile/_scm.h#n167

On Windows, open() can't handle unicode filenames.
Instead, _wopen() is necessary.

So, I propose another solution that does not depend on the GUILE.
It's the method to process all open() and unlink() etc. by C++, not by GUILE.

Current LilyPond opens *.ly and *.mid files by C++.
It opens *.ps files by GUILE.
It invokes GhostScript by C++ (GLib).
It deletes *.ps by GUILE.

Therefore how is the following way?

Without using GUILE's ``open-file'' and ``delete-file'' procedure etc.
Using callback C++ function like ``ly:spawn''.
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob;f=lily/general-scheme.cc;h=068fb27aad255427f4c6239bfa8c370242985a19;hb=HEAD#l639

In addition, I'm trying to upgrade GUB's ghostscript to 9.15.
https://github.com/trueroad/gub/tree/ghostscript-9.15
It has not been complete yet, but when I work for a while, that would be made.