Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1432 in lilypond: Automate indenting/whitespac

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1432 in lilypond: Automate indenting/whitespace fixing for lilypond files in git
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 11:05:35 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: ---
        Labels: -Patch-push

Comment #12 on issue 1432 by address@hidden: Automate indenting/whitespace fixing for lilypond files in git

It seems the .../ly/*.ly files have now been done but not via issue 777.

--snip--
author  Kevin Barry <address@hidden>
        Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:51:52 +0000 (15:51 +0000)
committer       James Lowe <address@hidden>
        Sun, 1 Mar 2015 10:53:10 +0000 (10:53 +0000)
commit  67ed495d4f5e6a02224f87faf4c00979996675e0
--snip--

I am pasting Graham Percival's original statement here to save newcomers to this thread from trying to follow it back as there is still something to do here:

--snip--

percival.music.ca

More generally, once the python script to indent lilypond files from issue 777 is done, we should run it on everything in:
- ly/
- input/regression/
- Documentation/snippets/new/
- (maybe) automatically run it on LSR stuff whenever we import, and/or integrate it with LSR directly
- Documentation/included/
- use the lilypond-book --process thingie and/or however convert-ly handles .lytex files, to run it on every single @lilypond in our docs, both translated and non.

ETA: 10 hours, if you're intelligent about figuring out how to process input from within a .lytex file. But this should not be done as a single patch; I'd probably split it up into at least 10 patches, depending on how much people trusted the auto-indenter. If you're interested on working on this, and issue 777 is already finished, then discuss it on -devel first.