Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4271 in lilypond: wish: ly:cheapest-breaking (

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4271 in lilypond: wish: ly:cheapest-breaking (or whatever name)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:28:08 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 4271 by address@hidden: wish: ly:cheapest-breaking (or whatever name)

Doesn't ly:minimal-breaking do this already? Could this be an issue of documentation? The discussion in the NR (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/minimal-page-breaking) makes no mention of line breaking, yet the docstring for ly:minimal-breaking does:

"Break (pages and lines) the @code{Paper_book} object @var{pb}"
" without looking for optimal spacing: stack as many lines on"
" a page before moving to the next one."

I've never used this feature, so I don't know what effect--if any--it has on line breaking.