[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4285 in lilypond: `blank-page-penalty' parameter i

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4285 in lilypond: `blank-page-penalty' parameter is not chekced if `systems-per-page' is set
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 21:02:06 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect

New issue 4285 by address@hidden: `blank-page-penalty' parameter is not chekced if `systems-per-page' is set

consider the following snippet.

  #(set-default-paper-size "a6")

  \paper {
    systems-per-page = 6
    blank-page-penalty = 1000

    #(define page-breaking ly:page-turn-breaking)

    copyright = ""
    footer = ""
    tagline = ""
  }

  m = \relative c' {
        f'8 f, f f f f f f |
        \repeat unfold 11 { f8 f f f f f f f  } |
      }

  {
    \m \allowPageTurn
    \m \allowPageTurn
    \m
    \m
  }

There is a blank page in it, and I would like to avoid that, thus the
`blank-page-penalty' parameter.  [In this demo snippet the result
would be extremely ugly, but in real-life situations with more break
points it would be much less disturbing.]

However, it doesn't work.

Looking into `page-breaking.cc' (function
`Page_breaking::space_systems_on_n_or_one_more_pages'), I see that no
blank page penalties are checked if `systems-per-page' is set.  This
looks wrong to me.

    Werner