Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4281 in lilypond: lyricsto can't find DrumVoic

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4281 in lilypond: lyricsto can't find DrumVoice with \midi
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 11:27:18 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 4281 by address@hidden: lyricsto can't find DrumVoice with \midi

This seems to be rather banal after all: in ly/performer-init.ly I read
\context {
  \Voice
  \remove "Note_performer"
  \consists "Drum_note_performer"
  \name DrumVoice
}

whereas in ly/engraver-init.ly I see
\context {
  \Voice
  \name DrumVoice
  \alias Voice
[...]

Since aliases very much influence the context hierarchy's behavior, having the Voice alias in one output definition but not the other is a recipe for the kind of discrepancy we are seeing here.

I think I am going to write some checker to look for further problems and then try fixing them in one rush.