Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4276 in lilypond: Allow changes of scripts by

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4276 in lilypond: Allow changes of scripts by type (e.g. changing the padding and font-size > of "tenuto" throughout a file)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:42:30 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 4276 by address@hidden: Allow changes of scripts by type (e.g. changing the padding and font-size > of "tenuto" throughout a file)

I'm not sure why they are all Script grobs, though it probably has to do with there being currently 46 different scripts. There is a comment in lily/script-engraver.cc suggesting that memory would be saved if we had ScriptStaccato, ScriptMarcato, etc. Having separate grobs would be very convenient for the picky user. It would mean that their properties would be documented in the IR. But would it be possible to use Script as "one grob to bind them all" so that they could all be changed as a group and so that we wouldn't wreak havoc with existing files?