[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4272 in lilypond: Re: Build issue in Fedora due to

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4272 in lilypond: Re: Build issue in Fedora due to font changes
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:39:14 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Build

New issue 4272 by address@hidden: Re: Build issue in Fedora due to font changes

Jon Ciesla wrote :

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Maybe Lilypond should package the old URW fonts until a
>> good replacement is available to avoid such dependencies.
>
> Possibly.  Until such time as that occurs, is there a way I can
> disable Cyrillic support temporarily so that Lilypond will continue
> to build?

There is no way currently.  Either solution needs someone who is
willing to invest time for writing a proper patch.  I guess that the
former solution is less work.

     Werner

FYI, Fedora has reverted the urw-fonts change, but this is still something
to consider fixing, as the change will need to be made eventually, and on
multiple distributions.