Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4251 in lilypond: Enhancement: Reduce size of

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4251 in lilypond: Enhancement: Reduce size of PDF files when included in *TeX documents
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 16:16:04 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 4251 by address@hidden: Enhancement: Reduce size of PDF files when included in *TeX documents

running gs was trivial, but pdfsizeopt? where do I get that *easily*.

Seems that Google's own instructions are out of date or don't work
(error 404 links) and there are a ton of other files that I need to
download (or check that I have) to make sure all the dependencies are
met for pdfsizeopt.
Yes, their install instructions were not updated to the v2 libexec. Use something like:

DIR=pdfsizeopt
mkdir $DIR
cd $DIR

wget -O pdfsizeopt.py http://pdfsizeopt.googlecode.com/git/pdfsizeopt.single
chmod 700 pdfsizeopt.py

wget https://pdfsizeopt.googlecode.com/files/pdfsizeopt_libexec_linux-v2.tar.gz
gzip -cd pdfsizeopt_libexec_linux-v2.tar.gz | tar -xvf -

# We have our own gs, so remove this one
rm pdfsizeopt_libexec/gs

cu,
 Knut